Welcome to Once Upon A Child Enfield, CT
Welcome to Once Upon A Child Enfield! Once Upon A Child is the nation's leading buyer and seller of brand name new and gently used kids stuff. Kids look so great in stylish outfits, but who wants to pay high-end prices when clothes are outgrown so quickly? We offer the perfect solution: the latest in new and gently used name brand clothes, toys, books, equipment and furniture ...just right for fast growing babies, toddlers, and youth.
Like us on Facebook! You'll be glad you did..not only will you be the first to know about upcoming sales and specials, but we also keep you informed of important store information, closings/delayed openings, as well as special items that we think our customers will be interested in (American Girl Dolls and accessories, etc), and we also offer exclusive Facebook Fan only coupons!
THANKSGIVING HOURS & BLACK FRIDAY SALE!
We will be open on Wednesday November 27th from 10:00am-4:00pm. We will be closed on Thursday November 28th Thanksgiving Dayso that our employees may enjoy the day and give thanks with their families and loved ones.
We will open again on November 29th for our Black Friday Sale from 8:00am - 7:00pm! All apparel will be 25% off for this one day only sale! So that we may concentrate on the sale we will not be doing any buying on this date (no exceptions can be made!)
We are looking for play kitchens with food/dishes, Fisher Price Little People Sets, dollhouses with furniture, tables and chairs, American Girl anything, Duplo/Megablock Sets and a variety of learning toys. Please make sure all toys are clean and in working order. We will check all items for recalls!
Before you bring your items for us to BUY we'd like to offer you these helpful TIPS:
- Check out our What We Buy page to see what types of items we purchase.
- In order for us to offer the latest and greatest in styles at value prices, clothing and accessories must be purchased within the last five years. Be sure your apparel items are freshly laundered and in good condition - no stains, fading, excessive wear, smoke or storage odors. We would have to pass on your items because of these reasons.
- It is most efficient for us to review items that are layed flat in boxes, laundry baskets or plastic storage containers/totes.
- Equipment & toys must meet current safety standards and include all parts/pieces. Please be sure all toys and equipment are clean and free of stains and storage odors. check all items for recalls. We cannot buy any items that have been recalled.
- We are consistently busy and many of our customers travel a distance to get here. To be fair we buy first come, first served. We cannot quote a time your buy will be done over the phone but would be happy to give you an estimate when you come to the store to drop your items off. You have 48 hours to pick any items up that we had to pass on. After those 48 hours your items will be donated to charity.
- Still have questions ? Please, call us and one of our friendly sales staff would be happy to answer all of your questions. Our phone is 860-745-9599.
Safety is our #1 priority!
Items that we DO NOT BUY include:
On January 1st, 2012 a new policy went into effect at Once Upon A Child.
You are now required to show I.D. when bringing items in for us to buy. Please have this ready when you are bringing your items to our store.